Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a great weekend!

So Friday started out as a mad dash!The wedding starts at 1:00 and Ang's flight is delayed. She got in my car at 11:50! So off to my house we went. Denise and Brian met us there. Ang jumped in the shower. I ironed her clothes and Denise helped do her hair... make-up was done on the way! Welcome back Ang!We arrived at Ivy Lanes, the reception center at 1:05. Everyone looked great!The ceremony was short and perfect! Hugs all around for the Thompson family!Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Thompson...and girls! Denise and Brian. What a cute couple! Ang is looking fabulous! After the ceremony we went to eat then to Steph and Brian's house. I had heard about this driveway but had no idea what a workout it would be. Here we are at the bottom. About halfway up now. Finally we made it to the house. Thank God!Denise and ConnieAng loving Connie. Rick and Ava in the background. Mom scoping out the kitchen as the wall in front of her has been torn down. Rick and Jen checking out the girls newly remodeled bedroom. I couldn't resist getting a picture of Rick at the girls table. The girls have changed their clothes and had a snack. Cute tongues after eating fruit roll-ups. Now back to my house. Entertaining the girls before going to dinner!
The next day was great as well. We got some good use out of the Wii! A lot of laughing and fighting over the remote... Get one Steph! I'm kicking ass on links! Your lucky I didn't put the video on with you hula hooping!
Congratulations on the marriage! Wish you would have come to the Outlaw! Maybe next time?

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats to the wonderful couple!

Denise said...

Yay! Thanks for posting all these great pics. What a great weekend. It was so fun to have everyone here. We sure missed Nate and the girls.

Sheryl said...

What do you mean a small post? That was a great post. You managed to get in practically the whole weekend. I loved the video with Sly. He is so pretty, and the girls are so funny!

The wedding pics turned out really good. Thank goodness some of you had the brains to bring a camera.

A video of Brian and Aaron hula hooping would have been hysterical.

Ang said...

I gotta hand it to you gal, you don't post often but when you do it's awesome! You really captured the whole weekend. Minus the hoola hooping and what about Aaron LINE DANCING at a country bar!!! I don't even know him anymore!

I miss everyone already even though by the time I got home Sunday night I wanted to crawl in bed and die. Like mom said, it really did re-energize me, family is just what I needed. Thanks to Steph and Brian for giving me a reason to run home, Congrats again!!

Jen said...

Great post! The weekend was so much fun I think we should do it more often. What do you say, Ang?

Ang said...

I say I need longer than a day and a half and GIVE ME A REASON!!!

McCall said...

That's so exciting your sister got married!

~Cynthia~ said...

Great, great post!! What a beautiful new family. It sounds like a nice intimate wedding, and a fun weekend. How great to see all 5 Tilley girls together again. Thanks for sharing the weekend with us.

Julie said...

Thanks for the great post you made us all feel a part. We are so Happy for Steph and Brian. CONGRATS