Friday, July 25, 2008

I guess I can't be responsible!

Jordan came to stay with us on Sunday. The kids were having a great time! I think they went to the skate park at least 2 or 3 times a day. They were also calling me every couple of hours at work needing food, money, a ride somewhere...and what ever else. So, Monday night I told them not to call me at work unless someone was dying or dead. Tuesday went by pretty well. One phone call asking if they could rent a movie on demand. Fine.....

Wednesday came and all was quiet until 1:48 I got a phone call from Lori. She said "What ya doin?" I said "working" She said, "can you leave work for awhile" I said, "I don't think so, why?"She said, "can you meet me at the hospital or a Dr. office?" I said..............you get the point!

Jordan got hurt at the skate park and Lori picked them up.

I asked the kids why they didn't call me. Well duh... no one was dead! Jordan broke his collar bone! Does anyone else want to send their kids over for awhile?

He has done really well. He hasn't complained at all. He is really sore in the morning, but he wanted to stay. Since the accident they have played alot of playstation. Last night we went to dinner then we dropped Colton and Jordan off at the theater to see Hancock while me and Denise went to the mall.

Going home today:(

10 comments:

Jen said...

Well it's a good thing that I don't have any children for you to neglect and maim. I guess you don't need to worry about getting the Baby Sitter of the Year award this year!

Jen said...

Maybe if you weren't so busy frolicing in bubble wrap and tossing crap off a third story deck you would have the time to pay attention to your kid and his friends.

Denise said...

I am never leaving Butch with you again!!!

Sheryl said...

I do not remember you injuring or maiming syblings when you were left in charge. This is something that has started later in life. Perhaps you should go back to the nursing home with the old people. It is a much safer environment for you.

I have to agree with your sisters. Too much bubble wrap makes a person lose control!

Ang said...

Jolyn, we need to stage an intervention!

Nate said...

It's nice to hear from you Jo!! I hope you're doing a better job at taking care of our PLANTS than you are other people's children. I've developed an obsession for indoor plants and I can't have enough. Your sister has limited the amount we can have; she has only allowed us four so far!!...but I will keep hassling her.

We consider those plants our children...so for god's sake don't let them go to the skate park!!

Sheryl said...

Hey, Nate is back. Nice to have your input again. You have been slacking, mister

Nate said...

No slacking here...I figured since Jo was posting for the first time in a month; I should give her some encouragement.

Since you are in Utah Sheryl...you could go take a recent photo of the Aaron and Jolyn family!!!!

Sheryl said...

Well, a current picture would be great. But, JoLyn is shacked up with Denise, Aaron is in California, and Colton has been farmed out to unsuspecting relatives. I hear they are coming your way. See if you can get them in a room together and get it done!

McCall said...

I never knew you had such killer dance moves. I think we may need a dance off before I leave work!